Sunday, November 19, 2017

The Cry for Freedom: A Poem

While this poem is shorter then my usual length, I felt it necessary to keep it short and succinct. We all find ourselves captive by different things through our lives, and we long to find freedom. What we all must discover is that true freedom that lasts is only found through Christ. 

Am I feeling numb, or is this a state of denial, 
A living contradiction, my heart burns with fire.
Is it too much to ask to witness true revival?
Or has society fallen too deep in the mire?

My tongue is a sword and I cut where I choose,
Is it false bravery? Or am I a loose cannon?
Am I holding power, or do I have the most to lose?
Or am I starving in an intellectual famine?

Regardless of which is true, the reality is the same,
Only one power will ever conquer the shadow.
And I refuse to step in line with the dark's game,
For God's truth sets hearts and minds aglow.

So break from formation, sever the chains,
That keeps our minds captive, makes us slaves.
There's something more then blood pumping in my veins,
It's time these old demons were sent to their graves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Warriors of Aragnar isn't Gone and Neither am I!

  This. Has. Been. A. Year. I have wanted to write so much on this blog over the past months. So, so, many things have taken place. In many ...