Thursday, March 15, 2018

Dauntless: A New Kind of Book


Without further ado, here is the cover for my upcoming poetry book, Dauntless!

It's release admittedly long overdue, I finally have had some time to work on this side project during my crazy schedule. With my second fantasy novel, Wings of Darkness, nearing it's final polished state, I figured it appropriate to release Dauntless around the same time.

I've wanted to publish a compilation of my poems for several years, but I have been waiting to have enough poems that I think should be included. I've now reached the point where I have enough content to do so, and I am very excited to share it all with you!

Some of the poems will be familiar, as I've shared them on this blog. Others are previously unpublished, some having borne inspiration from my fantasy series. While many leave their poems up to interpretation, each poem in Dauntless will have a description of my thoughts and heart behind the words. Yes, I will leave the meaning of many of the poems up to the reader's reflection, but some are very personal, and so I felt it best to include them.

Writing a poetry book is definitely different then my main genre, and it's certainly been a learning curve. I've enjoyed every moment of the journey, and I look forward to sharing a piece of my heart with you all!

As the title explains, many of these poems are not lighthearted, but it has always been my driving vision to instill a theme of hope throughout my work. Dauntless is no different, and I pray that it's readers will be encouraged and challenged to dig deeper into their passions and see the glimmer of hope in our world.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Warriors of Aragnar isn't Gone and Neither am I!

  This. Has. Been. A. Year. I have wanted to write so much on this blog over the past months. So, so, many things have taken place. In many ...