Monday, July 10, 2017

Heart Cry: A Poem

I'm back from the dead! (Er, more like lots and lots of work...) In my time at work and busily working with my editor to wrap up the edits of Wings of Honor, I came up with another poem! This was a self-reflective piece, focusing on the struggle of trusting God when things don't make sense, and learning to give our worries and frustrations to God, even when life is confusing.


I'd like to believe that I am strong,
For how else have I survived?
God as my anchor, can I be wrong?

Yet doubts and fears, they plague me,
As I try to infuse hope in the lost.
Am I right? Am I helping them live free?

Or am I not counting the cost?
Am I anything but empty words and deeds,
With no lasting impact to my name?

Or perhaps I've been wrong all along,
Maybe they were never mine to save.
I can't bring salvation, only God can redeem.

But, I want to do my best to help them see,
That life isn't a menial chore, they aren't alone.
I wish I could help them realize who God made them to be.

Now I'm trying to focus,
But my world's a blur.
My enemies are like locusts,

Trying to strip me of my identity.
I'll never give up, no matter the cost,
For even if no-one ever sees, 

I'll be the weathered bastion of truth,
And even 'till the bitter end,
I'll keep fighting, one day I'll see the fruit.

Of the sacrifice my life truly means.
For the blood was already shed of another,
One far more powerful then I.

For what can be more mighty,
Then One, for all, who willingly dies?
On my knees, I plea to the Almighty.

Please save this broken heart of mine!
Help me be strong, even if no-one sees,
Help me be impactful, I want to be free!

Of the pain that seizes my heart,
Of the thoughts that numb my mind.
Help me see that I'm worth saving from the start.

For I am but the lines,
In a world of color.
Am I strangling it in vines,

Or am I the structure?
Of a world in need of hope,
Of restraint so it won't rupture.

We all are meant to live our lives,
As God made us to be.
No matter the cost,

He died so we could be free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Warriors of Aragnar isn't Gone and Neither am I!

  This. Has. Been. A. Year. I have wanted to write so much on this blog over the past months. So, so, many things have taken place. In many ...