Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Hope Rising: A Poem

As of late, in my day to day life I've looked around me, and I've seen such an overwhelming tide of hopelessness. When I see my loved ones fighting their own battles with the ugly monster, it makes me want to do everything I can to help. If God can use me in any way to shed a little light into someone's world, then my life has already been meaningful.

Sometimes we get these grand ideas of heroic measures to save others from darkness, and I admit, I've had quite a few. However, I've found in my relatively short years that true meaning and success aren't always found in the big things; it's the little things that make the greatest impact. 

With that being said, I wrote a poem with hopes that it will do just that; give hope to someone out there who needs it. If you're hurting and struggling to have faith in a world that can be incredibly harsh and unforgiving; this is for you.


We are a new army rising,
With fire blazing in our eyes.
We don't fear anything,
Because we're truly alive.

We died to the things we thought made us,
We strive to never let it bring change.
To the truth we know is just,
Despite those who want it deranged.

Venomous words,
They tickle my tongue.
Spoil my thoughts,
Infect my lungs.

Infuse and bate,
The monster inside.
Everything I hate,
Dwells in my mind.

We climb the mountains of fate,
Because we seek to understand.
How those before us became great,
And brought healing to our land.

But alas, we live in a land that's faithless,
As we struggle to remember our creed.
Our broken world has fallen into stasis,
Paralyzed by the promise of greed.

Why can't I see past doubt?
What's blinding my eyes?
My voice shakes when I shout,
Can't you hear my cries?

Innocence can't be forgotten,
True hope never dies.
The inside of a lie is rotten,
You think you crushed us, watch us rise. 

No matter the cost, we won't desist,
Faith isn't dead, nor is fearless belief.
Regardless of pain, we'll always resist,
Powerless, our enemy is a cowardly thief.

Victorious, we march to a higher drum,
Faithful, we seek to restore what was lost.
You think we're down, but we've only begun,
A child of God is never to be crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Warriors of Aragnar isn't Gone and Neither am I!

  This. Has. Been. A. Year. I have wanted to write so much on this blog over the past months. So, so, many things have taken place. In many ...