Friday, June 2, 2017

March On, Weary Soldier: A Poem

One of these days I might just have to make a book of poems, considering the rate I've been writing them! This one focuses on the struggles of life and the drive to keep fighting for a life worth living.

I've walked this road,
So seemingly alone.
Shadows, they follow me,
And whisper their lies.

I try in vain to fight it,
These words in my head.
But no matter my actions,
They shout instead.

I'm going to fight,
But I'm tired of the lie.
Of always trying to be,
My own worst enemy.

I'm sick of running from
The monster I've become.
I'm done with ignoring
The drive of my dreams.

They say I only have to trust,
But that's a one-way street.
Don't they know it takes two
To make someone free?

I swear I'll never die, 
To what keeps me alive.
I'll fuel my fiery passion,
Forever, defiant, I'll fight.

I don't have the time
To nurse broken wings.
When I know I was meant 
To capture my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Warriors of Aragnar isn't Gone and Neither am I!

  This. Has. Been. A. Year. I have wanted to write so much on this blog over the past months. So, so, many things have taken place. In many ...