Friday, December 22, 2017

Salvation: A New Poem

I took a quick break from all of my book news to share a new poem with you all, entitled Salvation. The last few weeks have been full of so many exciting events, as well as some that haven't been so wonderful. Even though these events have left me with mixed feelings, I remind myself of all the good that God has done for me, and how it is obvious His hand is on my life. I know He has my future in His hands, and this truth applies to us all. Even when things don't make sense, or aren't going the way we hoped they would, we still have assurance in His Word!


Change is always met with turbulence,
New roads take endurance to pave.
Pioneering is never void of disturbance.

Why can't I see Your light in this catacomb?
Have I been forgotten, ignored, left for dead? 
Is a dismal plain where my heart must roam?

Multifaceted, glimmering, and yet so detached,
In a crimson sunrise borne upon a dying land.
Is the air in these lungs oh so tightly latched?

Will they ever gain the courage to break free?
Tears can't be wasted, nor can they be forgotten.
Oh God, how hard is it to simply breathe?

I've felt lost in a hurricane, thoughts swirling like the wind,
I've been looking for a savior, but I was wrong all along.
The enemy was never the storm, it was always my own mind.

Don't leave me to die, cleanse my bloodied hands,
Wipe the tears from my eyes and comfort my fears.
Soothe my tattered heart, it is yours to command.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Warriors of Aragnar isn't Gone and Neither am I!

  This. Has. Been. A. Year. I have wanted to write so much on this blog over the past months. So, so, many things have taken place. In many ...