Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Wings of Darkness is on its way, featuring new art!


As the title of today's article suggests, my second novel in The Warriors of Aragnar is soon to be released! While I do not have a set release date yet; there won't be much more of a wait! I am truly blessed to have a publisher that not only believes in my story, but also gives me the opportunity to do so much more then simply write books.

As you surely can tell, writing isn't the only pastime that I enjoy. I also like to illustrate my story world through the avenue of concept art-like pieces that bring Aragnar (and beyond) to vivid life. Even though I am still learning how to be a better artist, and develop my skills, art is a passion of mine that has a very special place in my heart. After all, I have drawn longer then I have written (believe it or not, I wasn't born with a pen in my hand) and it is something that has lasted with me over the years.

I was initially surprised that my publisher included several pieces of my artwork in the back of Wings of Honor. It wasn't something that I had expected, and I am so grateful for the chance to share not only my writing, but my art as well. Due to this opportunity, I strove to compile several pieces for the back of the second book that were more of concept sketches in style.

I truly desire for Aragnar to be an immersive experience for the reader. The story-world is so massive and full of life in my head, if I can even capture a quarter of that through my writing and artwork, I view it as a success! Being able to depict my own characters and illustrate the creatures of the world is a true blessing that I am grateful God gave me.

In the following weeks, I hope to be able to announce the release date for Wings of Darkness! I am truly pleased with this book, and I can't wait to share it with you all! There still is a long way to go in the series (well, two books at least) and I'm honestly still blown away by the fact that I am able to release these books, MY books, and share them with the world! God is so good!     

1 comment:

The Warriors of Aragnar isn't Gone and Neither am I!

  This. Has. Been. A. Year. I have wanted to write so much on this blog over the past months. So, so, many things have taken place. In many ...