Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Dauntless: A New Kind of Book, and a New Poem!

I'm back to poetry, after being too busy to post any of them! I try to balance how many poems I post vs. other subjects and more traditional blogging, but any time God gives me a poem that I truly love, I want to share it! This particular one is entitled "Redemption's Song", and the inspiration is both drawn from my story world, and our own. It will be one of the poems in my small book of poems I'm going to publish, which will feature some of my favorite pieces over the past few years. 

The idea of actually publishing my poetry in book form is a fairly new concept for me, so this is bound to be a very intriguing journey. My poems aren't exactly considered 'normal' Christian works, not because I don't want to focus on the truth in God's Word, but I want to truly dig deep into the human heart and mind, and seek the truth from a far grittier lens. I feel that many people have either been hurt by the church, or their struggles largely misunderstood by Christians, and I don't want to add to that. I'm not condemning the church or saying that all Christians are like that, but I won't be in denial and foolishly state that such things don't occur. 

With that being said, I am titling my new book, "Dauntless: Musings of a Fierce Mind". It won't be terribly big, and I'm planning on placing a small description alongside each poem, where I will share my heart as to why I wrote each piece the way I did, and so on. There will be many poems in the book that I have not previously posted, and will follow a small themed narrative. Who knows, maybe I'll even add some art if Createspace will allow it! This will be a self-published work, and something I'm releasing solely of my own accord. I will be posting regular updates on Dauntless's publishing process, as well as sneak peeks regarding cover art and interior design. 

I truly hope that you will want to come along this journey with me, because I certainly can't wait to share my heart through the lovely art of written word! Without further ado, here is "Redemption's Song"!


Onward, we ride fearless into our destiny, 
So young, hearts burning oh so bright. 
Into the night so dark we cannot see,
Untouched by the wars and the blight...

Dauntless, we chase what we cannot find,
We strive to grasp the legends and the lies.
The stories and expectations in our minds,
Of a vile battle that we strive to despise, 

Fearful, when we face the realization,
That life fails to be a grand bed of roses. 
Then we encounter great trepidation, 
To fight that evil that so mightily opposes. 

Tested, we stand at the edge of the chasm, 
That our choices, for good or ill, will bring. 
Emotions and hearts a conflicted spasm,
As we try to hold to the truths of our King.

Questioning, we begin to feel the doubt, 
That creeps inside our ragged hearts. 
Desperate to fight it, we scream and shout, 
As we fight to dodge the enemy's darts. 

Learning, we long to see, to understand, 
What poisons our hearts and our souls. 
Can we ever bring healing to this land?
Can we discover the hidden loopholes?

Healing, as we limp forward with a prayer, 
That someday, our bodies and hearts will mend. 
Eyes fixed on the horizon, for a savior, 
To fix the bloodied errors we've penned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Warriors of Aragnar isn't Gone and Neither am I!

  This. Has. Been. A. Year. I have wanted to write so much on this blog over the past months. So, so, many things have taken place. In many ...