Wednesday, September 6, 2017

New Beginnings: A Poem

Wow, I can't believe that I'm already in my second week of classes! Time really does fly by...and in honor of the excitement I've felt and the desire to pursue my dreams, I wrote this poem entitled "New Beginnings". It's a challenge to live out your dreams, and to refuse to bow to mediocrity.


Who ever had the audacity,
To say that joy is impossible?
Such a statement is an atrocity,
To a heart that is unstoppable.

I don't want to write,
Another little rhyme.
But why can't I fight?
Is that such a crime?

Who told you to silence your tongue?
Why has society said they've had enough?
When was it such an error to be young?
Now passion is met with a flaming rebuff.

Who said you didn't have a voice?
Are they too afraid you'll say something right?
We're treated as if we don't have a choice,
When we really have an advantage in this fight.

But who wants to hear my perspective,
When they've already drawn their lines?
The enemy well knows his vile objective,
Don't believe you were born for the sidelines.

Sometimes it takes fire to burn the old,
A forest needs the ashes in order to grow.
Oh, what would happen if we're actually bold?
Eyes filled with fire, and hearts aglow?

Don't dig up the seedling for it's lack of leaves,
Before you're so quick to accept your ending.
Faith isn't easy, but God is with one who believes,
That an empty slate signifies a new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Warriors of Aragnar isn't Gone and Neither am I!

  This. Has. Been. A. Year. I have wanted to write so much on this blog over the past months. So, so, many things have taken place. In many ...