Friday, February 23, 2018

God Always Knows Best: A Testimony



Some days, I've found that God seems very far away, and my struggles much closer to heart. On others, there's been times when it has been as if God spun events and encounters in my life to give me a pat on the back and hearty dose of encouragement. Today has definitely been the latter, as more things have happened over the course of the last twenty-four hours then my mind can wrap around.

Firstly, I (finally) passed a very difficult math test, one that's in a class which I've been trying to conquer for over a year. Not only was this a huge milestone for my grade in the course, but it was far more a critical mental and spiritual victory. Now, I'll totally understand if you don't see how a seemingly insignificant math exam would mean so much, but for me, it was a huge step of success! Not only have I learned to trust God, even when things seemed too difficult to be conquered, but I also gained some self confidence along the way.

Now, fast-forwarding through the day, I was extremely pleased to get my new art tablet in the mail, a tool that I've been wanting for many years. Now that I finally had it in my hands, I was eager to see what it would do to my style. Not only was I completely shocked by it's size, professionalism, and quality; but also how it already made my art style improve in the small time I've spent playing around with it. I've wanted to grow in my art style for years, and for almost all of those years I had a gut feeling that with the right equipment, I would be able to grow in my God-given talent. Now that I finally have that chance, I'm so excited and eager to learn it's interface and watch my style improve!

To top it all off, I was given the opportunity to speak at a TEDx style event, in which I talked about my book, as well as sharing my passion for writing. While it wasn't a perfect speech by any means, (as a matter of fact, I didn't think I was that good), I had several people tell me that they were encouraged by my passion for what I do, and wanted to read my book. I even had someone mention that they had heard of my blog prior to my mention of it, and had a friend overseas who read it. That truly humbled me, and once again, gave me a far broader perspective then I had ever known.

Overall, it was totally a God day, and the reason I wanted to share this with you was to encourage you that what God has done for me, He certainly can and will do for every single one of us! We all have bad days, but we also have really good ones. And even in the midst of the terrible days when all hope seems to be lost, we have an incredible promise from our loving father God. He will never leave us, nor forsake us, and we can find encouragement and peace in those profound words.

So, no matter what you're going through in your life, don't lose heart, and remember that you are never alone. The God of the universe is fighting for us, and with Him on our side, we can stand in confidence of this blessed truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Warriors of Aragnar isn't Gone and Neither am I!

  This. Has. Been. A. Year. I have wanted to write so much on this blog over the past months. So, so, many things have taken place. In many ...