Wednesday, March 29, 2017

New Poem: "Defiance"


This poem is dedicated to my best friend, a true steadfast warrior, and the wind beneath my wings. 

Here's to the hopeless,
A cry for the forgotten,
The lost, and the broken.

I pray to God you learn
That your purpose
Is far more then worthless.

It hasn't been stolen.

It's hard to find the light,
When you're searching in all the wrong places.
How can you stand in the fight,
Still wearing your braces?

Crippled by doubts,
Plagued with fears,
Worries too much to count...

Is it too close to call?
Or is the fight already over?
Will you get back up?

Or have you laid down your sword?

The greater the victory,
The higher the cost.
If your heart is still beating,

Have you truly lost?

Triumph is a choice,
Likewise is defeat.
My dear, without faith...

How can hope raise a voice?

You say I'm the fire,
And you, in my shadow.
But can an eagle fly without wind?

Every flame needs oxygen to grow.

Stand firm, brave one,
Don't bow to the waves, stay strong.
And when it all is said and done,

You'll realize you had the courage all along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Warriors of Aragnar isn't Gone and Neither am I!

  This. Has. Been. A. Year. I have wanted to write so much on this blog over the past months. So, so, many things have taken place. In many ...