Sunday, March 26, 2017

Prayer of the Lonesome Heart

(And now, I believe that this blog will henceforth be a place to post my many poems...enjoy!)

I thank God for the lonely days,
The hours, fading, blindly rushing by.
Colorful yet somber, cutting through the grey.

I thank God for the silence, even in a crowd,
Despite chaotic scrambling, a peace...
It washes over me, a blessed shroud.

How magnificently proud, the clouds roll,
Like a billowing storm inside my heart.
Eerily still, how the sight stirs my soul.

For how can I despise the darkness?
When indeed, a part of it hides in me?
Can I stand in a world that is heartless?

Can they ever understand what I see?
Or has loneliness become the norm?
Is silence the price of maturity?

Regardless of the jaded eyes, I digress,
To empty my convictions without a fight.
My heart is weak, but doubtless I confess.

Apathy cannot hinder a faithful flight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Warriors of Aragnar isn't Gone and Neither am I!

  This. Has. Been. A. Year. I have wanted to write so much on this blog over the past months. So, so, many things have taken place. In many ...